Cherry and chocolate is a match made is dessert heaven. But this is not a dessert recipe. This smoothie bowl is full of healthy goodness and is the perfect breakfast or brunch for a warm sunny day. It’s sweet and decadent so you’d think you were indulging in a fat and sugar filled pudding, which is part of the novelty!
The quantities for this are very much “eye-balled” and it always depends on your appetite but better to make too much than to make too little – then you can share some smoothie bowl love with your loved ones!
Obviously cherries are very much a summer fruit so if you find yourself making this in winter: 1. you’ll be cold; and 2. I’d recommend frozen cherries over the imported, unnatural ones.
Serves: 1 (think 2-3 bananas person if you want to make it for more people)
Prep time: 5 min
- 3 frozen bananas (slightly thawed and chopped into chunks)
- 3-4 pitted dates (less for less sweetness/calories, more for more!)
- A handful of pitted cherries
- A splash of plant-based milk (enough to help your blender along with the blending of the frozen bananas)
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 1 tbsp carob powder (cacao or cocoa can be used too)
- TOPPINGS: Frozen blueberries; Cherries; Goji berries; Desicated coconut; Dried mulberries;
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and let them thaw for 10 minutes.
- Add everything except the toppings to the blender.
- Blend until the consistency of slightly melted ice cream.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with toppings of your choice.
If you like this recipe please support me by liking this post and/or leaving a comment (a share would be great too!)